GetCommandLine

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Thu Oct 17 14:49:44 CDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 12:37:31PM -0700, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Andreas Mohr <andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de> writes:
>
> > Not quoting the arguments is a legal way of doing it, but I guess in order
> > to be 150% compliant with Windows, we might want to think of a way
> > to reintroduce quotes for programs we start.
> > (IIRC Alexandre said it's a bit difficult, but should be doable)
>
> Well, if you want quotes you can add them to the Wine command-line, or
> use a wrapper script. Wine itself shouldn't force quotes since
> otherwise there is no way to start a program without quotes (and I
> most definitely can start a program without quotes under Windows).
Hmm, strange, I thought last time we discovered that adding quotes
to the argument in the shell would not work for some strange reason
(I believe Wine itself got confused about the quotes in the argument).
Or maybe this is fixed now ? Anyway...

Yep,  e.g. simply doing a CreateProcess() would enable you to run a program
without quotes. Thus any program which assumes to get launched *with*
quotes *only* should be considered broken.
What astonishes me a bit is that you tell us that NT 4 doesn't
quote shell launching (Win 9x definitely does).
Next time someone is bold enough to tell me that UNIX/Linux is "fragmented"...

Andi