glibc 2.3 pthread patch

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Sun Oct 20 17:59:27 CDT 2002

Ove Kaaven <ovehk at ping.uio.no> writes:

> I'm not sure, what happens if opengl32.dll.so or d3d8.dll.so links against
> a libGL.so that links against libpthread.so that overrides fork() ? Would
> RTLD_NEXT then not go to the pthread fork() ? Or perhaps, it seems, you
> grab the entry point before those dlls are loaded. Hmm.

Yes, that's the idea. By the time we do PTHREAD_init_done only the
wine binary and ntdll.dll.so should be loaded, all the rest will be
loaded later. I guess it would be possible to break it by doing an
LD_PRELOAD of a library linked with pthreads, but I don't think we
need to worry about that.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com