[RFC] Adding an include/wine/wine directory?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Mon Oct 21 17:19:39 CDT 2002

Patrik Stridvall <ps at leissner.se> writes:

> Perhaps (2) and (3) are not much different (se below),
> but (1) and (2/3) are clearly different.

Well yes, that why they are in different directories. (1) is in
include and (2/3) is in include/wine.

> That is why I think "-I../../include" shouldn't automatically give
> you (2) and (3) as it does now. Having to add -I../../include/wine
> or whatever to get it would make it possible in addition to
> solving my MSVC Microsoft header problem to make it possible to
> uses the Microsoft headers or whomevers headers even on Linux.

The problem is that then you require everybody who wants to use
Winelib to add stuff to their include path, even if they don't use any
Wine header directly (since our Windows headers reference the Wine
ones). So you are making the normal case more complex to simplify the
very unusual case of mixing headers. I prefer to ask people who want
to mix headers to do some extra steps and make the common case as easy
as possible.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com