using native regedit

Greg Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Tue Oct 22 13:56:28 CDT 2002

On Tuesday 22 October 2002 01:01 pm, Jeff Smith wrote:
> something very simple, but I cannot seem to</DIV>
> <DIV>get&nbsp;native&nbsp;regedit to run.&nbsp; The builtin version always
> runs instead.&nbsp; The only</DIV> <DIV>thing I could think of was an entry
> in DllOverrides:</DIV>
> <DIV>"regedit.exe" = "native, builtin".&nbsp; That did not work.</DIV>
> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
> <DIV>&nbsp; I have debugged a little&nbsp;and&nbsp;know MODULE_GetLoadOrder
> is returning</DIV> <DIV>{LOADORDER_BI, LOADORDER_DLL, LOADORDER_INVALID,
> LOADORDER_INVALID}</DIV> <DIV>even when I add that DllOverride line.&nbsp;
> But I am just not in the mood at</DIV> <DIV>the moment for deep digging if
> I can help it.&nbsp; </DIV>
> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
> href="http://g.msn.com/8HMZEN/2024">Click here</a> for McAfee.com VirusScan
> Online </html>

Well, if my wetware HTML parser is working today, I think I understand
your problem.  Just rename regedit.exe to "winregedit.exe" (or whatever you like),
or create a symlink or copy of the native version.  (some configs don't respect
symlinks).

--
gmt

"Oh, and of course, the fastest way to dig
 a tunnel is to dig at both sides."
   -- The Linux Advanced Routing HOWTO