[RFC] Adding an include/wine/wine directory?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Tue Oct 22 15:13:58 CDT 2002

Patrik Stridvall <ps at leissner.se> writes:

> We could do that following instead:
> (1) /usr/include/wine => /usr/include/wine/windows
> (2) /usr/include/wine/wine => /usr/include/wine/windows/wine
> (3) /usr/include/wine/wine/wine => /usr/include/wine
>
> Also note (2) will disappear eventually.

Well, it's somewhat better, but it's still too complex IMO. Maybe what
we should do is put the (3) headers directly in /usr/include, like
/usr/include/wine_unicode.h. But this would work only if we don't have
many of them, so we probably want to work on simplifying this first.

Also note that this is not going to solve your problem, because
wine/test.h is more a category (2) header (or maybe you need a new
category for Wine internal headers that don't get installed).

> PS. Of course we could move include/*.h to include/wine/windows or
> something like that but then it is no real use and beside it ruins
> the cvs patch log. Better stick to the ugly include/wine/wine
> solution interally IMHO.

Not an option. If we have to move the files we'll move them; it's
better to avoid moving things around too much. but we shouldn't let
CVS limitations impose a broken structure. Now if we can find a non
broken structure that also doesn't involve moving files that's better.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com