[linux-audio-dev] Fwd: Opinions on running VST or DirectX plugins on Linux in real time

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Wed Oct 23 10:20:34 CDT 2002

On 23 Oct 2002, Benno Senoner wrote:

> I contacted the author of the VQF plugin about opinions of running
> windows plugins under Linux. He is not subscribed to LAD so he told me
>  to forward this mail to the list.
> cheers,
> Benno

Interesting. But one idea I just got...

Could it be possible to overcome all problems mentioned just by simply
adding jack-support to the wine-server? Then someone could make a simple
windows-program for chaining directx and vst plug-ins.

I dont know how the wine-server works though, so please shout out if its
not possible.