Bug tracked down in mci.c

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Wed Oct 23 12:32:50 CDT 2002

Erland Lewin a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I just got the latest wine from cvs, and it crashed when I tried to run
> Half Life.
>   The problem turned out to be in mci.c, in the mciSendStringA function.
>   The variable lpCmd is set to point into the (in my case mciavi)
> driver's command table, at the word "open". However, towards the end of
> the mciSendStringA function, there is the following code:
well spotted!
I think a better fix would be to pass to MCI_HandleReturnValues the
computed value of MCI_GetReturnType (we already use it a bit upper in
mciSendString). this would be better (computing only once the return
value).
I'll submit a patch later on if you wish (since my winmm code is
currently
under great rewrite, and a few patches are already pending on
Alexandre's
queue), that should take a couple of days to be sorted out

A+