Known listview bugs (take 2)

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Oct 24 09:22:02 CDT 2002

On October 24, 2002 06:43 am, Francois Gouget wrote:
> * if I resize the 'Type' column there is a lot of flicker in the first
> column. Now there are some things to be said about that:
>    - since this changes the width of the first column it seems
> unavoidable to redraw it (unless we keep its maximum width?)
>    - on NT4 it only redraws the columns when I release the mouse button
> so of course it does not flicker. So either our comctl32 is more
> advanced and does on-the-fly resizing, or maybe it should not.

Win2k I think does on-the-fly resizing, and it's a lot nicer from
a usability perspective, IMO. Now, ours is not that good, but...
I'll try a few things to eliminate the flicker, it is one of the
few that still remain, and it's annoying, I agree.

>  * if I move the 'Type' column to the left it gets corrupted. See
> listview1.png.

What exactly did you move? The edge to the left, or to the right
or 'Type'?

--
Dimi.