Services

Greg Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Thu Oct 24 13:26:12 CDT 2002

On Thursday 24 October 2002 12:30 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> So what are the real world cases that require these kinds of things?

that's a good question.  here's another: of these real-world
cases, which are realistic, near targets, i.e., pre 0.9, or pre 1.0?

Does SQL Server fall into this category?  Print-driver installation like
in the Adobe Acrobat case I mention above?  I've seen proposals
for SMB support which do and do not fall into these categories....
and AFAIK we still don't have an answer to Martin's original question
about whether we care about the services APIs yet, and if so,
how to go about implementing them.

In most cases, it's easy to imagine work-arounds; one could argue
that this is a premature discussion.  Once RPC and DCOM start working,
I imagine some new things will come up that need adressing; it's hard for
me to predict what these would be, however.

--
gmt

"Oh, and of course, the fastest way to dig
 a tunnel is to dig at both sides."
   -- The Linux Advanced Routing HOWTO