avoid XF86DGANoDirectVideoMode while detecting no dga

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Fri Oct 25 02:38:35 CDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 04:21:22PM -0500, Greg Turner wrote:
> I did not investigate root causes, so someone may know
> a better fix.

> LICENSE: X11
> CHANGELOG:
> * dlls/x11drv/dga2.c: Greg Turner <gmturner at ameritech.net>
> - avoid X11 error during DGA detection.

Grmbl, I must have missed that case when I submitted my fix last time (I
only did it in the actual DGA2 usage, not in the 'probing' code).

The actual root cause is (for me), a 'feature' in the X server that, instead
of reporting the extension as missing on remote clients, report it as being
present but then send error messages when trying to use it.

                 Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/