interrupts in when in NT version

Rizsanyi Zsolt rizsanyi at myrealbox.com
Fri Oct 25 13:33:21 CDT 2002

On Friday 25 October 2002 13:46, Joerg Mayer wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 12:26:15PM +0200, Zsolt Rizsanyi wrote:
> > But the recent interrupt changes tend to cause cvs conflicts and to break
> > it. This patch is supposed to work only if winver is nt40 so very
> > probably this applies only to NT.

> > I would like if this could be fixed properly and that would work with the
> > safedisk patch, if thats possible.
>
> and on 28 May 2002 18:58:51 -0700, Alexandre wrote:
> >Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart at skynet.be> writes:
> >> There are two patches in there. The first one sets a fault handler for
> >> the SharedUserData. This looks fine to me, and will probably be applied
> >> when memory/emulate.c will be applied.
> >
> >It still isn't clear to me why you need a fault handler at all. You
> >could simply put the right data into it at allocation time.
> >
> >> The second one has been written by Alexandre to fix the process
> >> suspension at creation time. Once again I'd like to hear from him to
> >> know what he doesn't like about the code, as he's the one who wrote it
> >> :-)
> >
> >The main problem is that it isn't generic enough, it only applies to
> >the create process request but other requests have the same problem
> >and should be fixed too. I'll work on a more general solution.
>
> I looks like the more general solution was never done due to time/lack of
> nagging reasons?

Yes. Alexandre has not yet did the proper fix for the problems on thread
suspension.
I dont really know the reasons, but maybe it was the lack of nagging :)
I think I'm the only one who uses this safedisc patch, and I was not too loud
about that.

But this (thread suspension) has nothing to do with interrupts.
As much as I know the int 0x01 is called by the program to test if it has a
sane environment (check to see if the program is not debugged).

Could somebody answer/test if calling interrupt int 0x01 is allowed from a
win32 program in WinNT environment? I would pretty like to know that!

Thanks
Zsolt