Known listview bugs (take 2)

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 25 15:18:50 CDT 2002

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:23:59 -0400, you wrote:

> On October 25, 2002 03:24 pm, Rein Klazes wrote:
> > Now it is visually back to the situation before X12, lots of
> > flickering.
>
> I beg to differ. I've tried it, and it *sometimes* flickers
> *once* (that is, at the end of the download, it refreshes
> again, even if it shouldn't). Problem is, that the _app_
> requires that behaviour! That is, it depends on
> WM_SETREDRAW(TRUE) to invalidate the list, and it's
> issuing one at the end...

What I see different from native comcontrol is that
1- during a refresh everything is redrawn, including the header
control;
2- the refreshing continues about once every second until the download
is finished, certainly not "sometimes" or only "at the end".

I will investigate the WM_SETREDRAW messages, perhaps they appear too
often in my situation. That still does not explain why a refresh with
native dll manages only to repaint the updated part, which is nill at
the end of the download.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes