[RFC] creating Wine's own 'assert' variant

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Sat Oct 26 07:48:40 CDT 2002

Hi all,

Currently, Wine's code is full of 'asserts'. The problem I have with that if
that when such an assert is reached, only the thread being asserted is
aborted, but Wine is not 'shut down' properly. Moreover, if I want the
debugger to be launched on assert, I would need first to start the
application with the debugger and add a breakpoint on some libc internal
function.

So, don't you think it would be better to have our own 'wine_assert'
macro / function that could be configurable (ie abort or start the debugger)
and that would also shut-down Wine properly ?

                                Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/