Warcraft III no go. (probs with 1.03 ?)

dan carter hedonist at win.co.nz
Mon Oct 28 03:31:10 CST 2002

OK, it seems everyone but me is able to play War3 under linux.

Current status is i have the 1.03 NoCD patch:

³              Warcraft III: Reign Of Chaos 1.03 Virtual Crack             ³

³ Cracked By : gimpsRus             ³ Game Type  : Strategy                ³
³ Packaged By: gimpsRus             ³ Released On: 10 October 2002         ³

I'm using the 'dataparty' RPMs build "wine-cvs-opengl-102802-1"

OpenGL is working and i can still load the warez beta version of war3
that i used to play.

Now that i have actually bought the damn thing i can't play :(

Here is the error i get:

[dantheperson at danski dantheperson]$ wine .wine/fake_windows/Program\
Files/Warcraft\ III/war3.exe -- -opengl
wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
err:seh:start_debugger Couldn't start debugger ("debugger/winedbg
134692272 8324") (2)
Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another debugger
[dantheperson at danski dantheperson]$

Has anybody had success with the 1.03 patch?  Does anyone know where i
can get an older NoCD crack that is known to be working under linux?

Rgds,
dan carter