problem building rpcrt4 on Mingw

Greg Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Tue Oct 29 02:10:10 CST 2002

On Tuesday 29 October 2002 01:15 am, Steven Edwards wrote:
> when building the current sources under mingw- gcc-3.2 I am getting
> this:
>
> rpc_binding.c:869: conflicting types for `I_RpcBindingSetAsync'
> ../../include/rpcdcep.h:135: previous declaration of
> `I_RpcBindingSetAsync'
>
> I dont really have much time to look at it now but if its a mingw
> only problem I can look at it tonight.
>
> Thanks
> Steven

good find.  rpcdcep.h says:

#ifdef WINNT
RPCRTAPI RPC_STATUS RPC_ENTRY
  I_RpcBindingSetAsync( RPC_BINDING_HANDLE Binding, RPC_BLOCKING_FN
BlockingFn );
#else
RPCRTAPI RPC_STATUS RPC_ENTRY
  I_RpcBindingSetAsync( RPC_BINDING_HANDLE Binding, RPC_BLOCKING_FN
BlockingFn, unsigned long ServerTid );
#endif

but rpc_binding.c says:

 *             I_RpcBindingSetAsync (RPCRT4.@)
 * NOTES
 *  Exists in win9x and winNT, but with different number of arguments
 *  (9x version has 3 arguments, NT has 2).
 */
RPC_STATUS WINAPI I_RpcBindingSetAsync( RPC_BINDING_HANDLE Binding,
RPC_BLOCKING_FN BlockingFn, unsigned long ServerTid )
{

with no #ifdef.

So, therein lies the problem, where you are compiling (under
winnt/2k/xp, right?) WINNT is #defined, so you need 2, not 3 arguments.
I'll fix this in my next patch.

--
gmt

"The purpose of government is to rein in the rights of the people"
 --President Bill Clinton, MTV interview, 1993