Bug in SYSDEPS_CallOnStack()?

Juraj Hercek juraj at syncad.com
Tue Oct 29 04:12:18 CST 2002

Hi,

When I was trying to get wine working on sparc solaris, I experienced
troubles with exception handling. I always got error (after Ctrl + C):

err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Exception frame is not in stack limits =>
unable to dispatch exception.

After deeper insight into wine's guts I've figured out that problem lies
in SYSDEPS_CallOnStack function (scheduler/sysdeps.c:236), which doesn't
switch thread stack on sparcs -> I'll try to implement this soon.

I also looked at implementation of this function for __i386__ (since it
was just a couple of lines above... :o) ) and I think there is a mistake
in implementation for _MSC_VER compiler.

Original:
  __asm mov edx, 8[esp];
  __asm mov fs:[0x04], esp; <---
  __asm push edx;

I think it should look like this:
  __asm mov edx, 8[esp];
  __asm mov esp, fs:[0x04]; <---
  __asm push edx;

Just some questions:
Is anyone compiling wine with microsoft compiler? If so, what are the
reasons?

Next, current snapshot from cvs doesn't compile on solaris, is anyone
compiling wine on solaris?

Regards,
Juraj