Bug #321: dlls/msvct/vf[w]printf functions (Patch 2)

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Tue Oct 29 12:53:32 CST 2002

Jaco Greeff <jaco at puxedo.org> writes:

> Umm, I'm not and if I am, I should be shot. The logic behind what I'm
> doing is more or less as follows:
>
> 1. Print all non-formatting characters to file;
> 2. Parse the formatting string, converting between %S and %s.
> 3. Print the formatting string with arguments, converting the unicode
> strings via WideStringToMultiByte;
>
> So yes, the strings will be converted before being printed since I'm
> printing them via the %s formatting specifier. (And the test code
> results does show that this is indeed the case)

You were doing it for strings but not for characters; but I see you
have fixed this now. Still, this only works for vfprintf, vfwprintf
has to output in Unicode so you cannot convert to ASCII or use the
system printf for that. It would probably be easier to grab a printf
implementation from somewhere and convert it to Unicode.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com