Bug #321: dlls/msvct/vf[w]printf functions (Patch 2)

Jaco Greeff jaco at puxedo.org
Tue Oct 29 13:36:06 CST 2002

On 29 Oct 2002 10:53:32 -0800, Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.com> wrote :
> Still, this only works for vfprintf, vfwprintf
> has to output in Unicode so you cannot convert to ASCII or use the
> system printf for that. It would probably be easier to grab a printf
> implementation from somewhere and convert it to Unicode.

Can I swear on this mailing list? Please, I need to. And one would think
I've never used the vfwprintf function before the way I'm making all these
wrong assumptions. Damnit, I know the Win32 API. *sigh* Luckily my wife got
most of the frustrations at my stupidity...

On your suggestion: I've looked at the glibc one. No comments. I'll refrain
and look a bit more... I do feel that we are making progress however, albeit
slowly ;) Do you think it a good idea just doing the ASCII version now and
get it into CVS without the W version. (Ripping out the vfwprintf for now.)
I can then proceed to make this ASCII implementation into a full
"real-prntf" implementation and subsequently, when we are all happy do the
Unicode conversion. Basically I'm suggesting breaking it up into small(er)
steps.

Comments?

Greetings,
Jaco