dlls/advapi32/RegFlushKey (Patch 2)

Jaco Greeff jaco at puxedo.org
Tue Oct 29 14:52:57 CST 2002

On 29 Oct 2002 12:38:10 -0800, Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.com> wrote :
> I'm afraid this can't possibly work. Registry keys don't have an
> associated file descriptor.

Bingo. That was my understanding as well, until I looked at the RegCloseKey
and was thrown totally off-track:

/* RegCloseKey */
return RtlNtStatusToDosError( NtClose( hkey ) );

which translates more or less to:

/* NtClose */
SERVER_START_REQ( close_handle )
{
    req->handle = Handle;
    ret = wine_server_call( req );
    if (!ret && reply->fd != -1) close( reply->fd );
}
SERVER_END_REQ;

Basically leading to the belief that there is actually an fd. (Ignoring the
fact that we need to keep things general) Which, looking at the arch doesn't
make much sense... lots of little files would do nobody good. Next time I'll
ask before I'm lead to believe what I shouldn't.

Greetings,
Jaco