Bug #321: dlls/msvct/vf[w]printf functions (Patch 2)

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at sun.consumer.org.il
Tue Oct 29 15:10:11 CST 2002

Jaco Greeff wrote:

>On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 21:10:52 +0100, Andreas Mohr
><andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de> wrote :
>

>>[insert some rant about certain highly non-rewarding functions here...]
>>
>>Still, you're doing some pretty essential work, so let me just say thanks
>>for your (annoying ?) work !
>>

>Annoying? Sometimes. Boring? Never. I'm enjoying every minute of it, as long
>as I don't get to frustrate myself with idiotic mistakes. (Of which I've had
>a couple in the last week, the last one just took the prize :))

I don't know. My personal best is to spend two weeks chasing a one wrong
character bug. What's more, it was introduced after adding ~20 lines of
code, and I knew it. Beat that!

To my credit I will say that this was assembly (68000), and that the
problem manifested itself in such an unrelated area of the program, that
I overruled my own judgment and searched the problem in the vicinity of
where it happened. As life would have it, the real problem was a missing
"#" (which means "use immediate value X", so instead it read "Take value
from address X").