winapi update

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Wed Oct 30 00:48:45 CST 2002

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 11:25:50AM +0800, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

> > > Outlook wraps
> > >
> > > And can't be turned off?!? Hmmm, anyway, just attach them as
> > > text/plain.
> >
> > I have no idea how or if it is possible to do either.
>
> This is a part of my mail sent to Guy in order to help him to send patches
> using Outlook Express. I hope that it will be helpful for Outlook users too.
>
> <QUOTE>
>
> Since I was using OE to send patches, I have found a way to send diffs as
> attachments and without \n vs. \r\n problem.
>
> You need following two things to make it work.
>
> 1. Make sure that .diff files have \r\n line ends, because if OE detects
> that there is no \r\n line endings it switches to quoted-printable format
> attachments.
>
> 2. Using regedit add key "Content Type" with value "text/plain" to the
> .diff extension under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT (same as for .txt extension). This
> tells OE to use Content-Type: text/plain instead of application/octet-stream.
Ah the joys of forcing even utterly BROKEN programs like Outlock into
half-compliance with today's reasonable standards that are being obeyed
by everyone else but Microsoft ("EEBM")...

I guess we might want to put a linked page right next to the wine-patches
mailing list stuff about certain helpful settings for some email programs
(if they deserve to be called like that)...