RPC test code?

Greg Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Wed Oct 30 09:43:42 CST 2002

On Wednesday 30 October 2002 07:21 am, Greg Turner wrote:
> On Monday 28 October 2002 04:56 am, Jürgen Schmied wrote:
> > >    2a) Should the rpc.c "real" test be the client or the server?
> > > I can imagine races either way.  Let's say rpc.c is the client.
> >
> > Why not let one process start both (client and server). This
> > process could control both and kill them later...
> > ... or have one executable which can act as supervisor, client or
> > server depending on a command line switch. If started without a
> > switch act as supervisor and start itself again twice with
> > different switches...
> >
> > juergen
> > ---
> > juergen.schmied at debitel.net

this is also a possibility, but doesn't this create the need for even
more IPC?  the big open issue is: how do the test results get back to
the actual test program?  obviously there are many ways to do it; but
doesn't separating things like this just make it harder?

Actually, I was leaning towards the idea of having the test program
itself be both client and server... but AFAIK there is no
wine-compatible way to fork()..?

--
gmt

"The purpose of government is to rein in the rights of the people"
 --President Bill Clinton, MTV interview, 1993