Versions & mass-appeal

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Wed Oct 30 15:50:40 CST 2002

> IMO desktop mode exists only because our integration is not very good.
> It should die sooner, rather than later, it's just a big hack. So we should
> rather focus on getting apps to work in non-desktop more, rather then
> resurrecting the silly desktop option.

I wholeheartedly disagree here.. I only use (and only ever will) use Desktop
mode in Wine. It's the same (for me) as using Tabbed browsing in Mozilla :
you have all the related mess in one window :-)

I agree that it seems to be a hack for now because of the one application
<=> one desktop window 'feature' but well, Alexandre promised this to be
fixed for 1.1 :-))

                     Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/