Versions & mass-appeal

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Wed Oct 30 16:27:19 CST 2002

> That I understand. But still the fucntionallity does not belong in Wine.
> You should start a new desktop environment around Wine (say WDE), just
> like Qt, and GTK have their own DEs.

Well, yes, if I wanted to ONLY use Windows applications I could do something
like that. But a part from using Xnest or hacks like that (VNC comes to my
mind too) I do not see how I could do what I want to do without support in
Wine itself.

And well, what exactly is your problem with Desktop ? That it complexifies
Wine too much ? From what I know from the code, it does not add that much
complexity.

I would even agree from removing it from the docs / man pages if it pleases
you as long as it is kept in the code :-)

                         Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/