Debugging advice

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Oct 30 19:48:58 CST 2002

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Matthew Bloch wrote:
[...]
> > There are basically no efficiency gains, there is no overhead in
> > running a PE exe compared to a native one.
>
> Okay, but presumably it's easier (as in not impossible!) for me to debug a
> program with GDB if I'm using a elf binary as opposed to a PE binary, which
> is mostly my object here.

But if you compile Winelib dlls as regular ELF libraries the application
won't run so there is not much point. Besides, if you are using threads
you cannot use gdb either because the Win32 threading is incompatible
with gdb.

So you are stuck with winebuild and winedbg.

                      Computers are like airconditioners
                They stop working properly if you open WINDOWS