Versions & mass-appeal

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Wed Oct 30 20:46:48 CST 2002

On October 30, 2002 10:34 pm, Jeremy White wrote:
> However, I strongly agree with Lionel - since
> we have desktop mode, we should keep it as an option.  Free software is
> all about choice.

Yes, but that choice does not refer to to the choice of cramming
every feature together. :) Virtually all reasonable uses of the desktop
thing that I heard of is just to limit the size of the window.
For that, it's way better to support a --maxsize option, which is per
wine invocation. Only Lionel has this strange desire to run Wine as
a virtual machine, which is fine, but it's not where Wine is going.
If you are really big on the VM idea (why, beats me), we should separate
that functionality out as a winedesktop executable.

--
Dimi.