So lets say we do it

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Thu Oct 31 13:04:35 CST 2002

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> On October 31, 2002 11:24 am, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> > First it doesn't even start because they don't have a config file. OK,
>
> Hear, hear! BTW, we should move configuration out of documentation/samples

I don't think that would really help rpm users... IMO the whole
concept is flawed (try editing the config while the wineserver is
still running ;) configuration should be stored in the registry and
there should be control panel applets to configure the various parts
of Wine, which would allow changing things on the fly.

Once we have that we need to make sure we have suitable defaults to
allow running at least the drives/paths control panel without registry
files at all. We also need the Wine dlls to register themselves
instead of having to merge winedefault.reg by hand. Then it should be
possible to write a .inf script to setup a new Wine install
automatically from scratch.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com