So lets say we do it

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Thu Oct 31 14:09:19 CST 2002

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 02:58:12PM -0500, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On October 31, 2002 02:44 pm, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> > For christ's sake, IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE DOCU, THEN *IMPROVE IT*.
>
> Well, that's a good point. And I did a bit, but not nearly as much
> as you.
>
> > I did. (past tense)
> > But maybe then it seems like I didn't...
>
> Hey, I've never complained about the work you did on the docs!
Not directly, yes.

> All I am saying is that the docs are, in part, out of date,
> and I'm not pointing a finger at you, as it isn't your responsibility
> to keep them up-to-date. *I* didn't keep the ones I wrote up-to-date,
> so I don't dare point my finger at anyone :)
Heh.

> The docs are huge, and requite work, which should be tackled by
> more than one person. No matter how much you work on them, if
> you are alone, you'll always be behind. So don't take my comments
> as an attack against you, the one actually working on the docs;
> quite the opposite, it's a comment to the community for not helping
> on the said maintenance.
Well, that maintenance would e.g. include the localization work I
suggested, having a *separate* CVS containing all localized Wine Guides,
and having automatically updated docu maintenance web pages
for every language involved.
So far there still is nobody who has stepped up to the plate of implementing
such a database-driven web page framework...
(I could complain here again, but this time I better won't :)

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://mohr.de.tt