ANSI_CHARSET

Jeff Smith whydoubt at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 2 22:06:40 CDT 2002

ANSI_CHARSET and SYMBOL_CHARSET need to be defined (in include/wingdi.h),
but I
  have some doubts about the details.

SYMBOL_CHARSET should be defined as (BYTE)2, I believe.

If the current value of DEFAULT_CHARSET as (BYTE)1 is correct, then I
suspect
  ANSI_CHARSET should be (BYTE)0.  I question the current value of
  DEFAULT_CHARSET, and suspect it should be the reverse (DEFAULT:0 ANSI:1).
  DEFAULT defines tend to be 0 except for a few special cases (and this one
  does not fit as one of in my book).

I'm sure someone out there is more familiar with this than I am, and I would
  appreciate their feedback.

Notes:
  There is a function in shell32.dll as distributed in Win95-OSR-2.1, that
uses    the LOGFONT structure.  In this function, the structure is used for
three
  fonts: "Times New Roman", "Arial", and "Wingdings".  The lfCharSet member
for
  each case is 0, 0, and 2, respectively.

-- Jeff Smith