current wine status pr-1

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Sep 3 02:07:50 CDT 2002

On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Paul Millar wrote:
[...]
> Its difficult to gauge a percent-completeness for the rolling regression
> testing.  I'm quite happy with the functionality as it stands now
> (although I've got a few ideas for improvements). Its been quite stable
> (apart from some problems with thread deadlocks) for quite a while now, so
> I'd say its probably around 90% or so.

Just to be clear, 90% might be accurate for the "testing framework", but
certainly not for the completness of the tests. Even the framework needs
some more components, see bugs 526, 527, 528, 529 and 530.

(making progress on 526 and 527)

> Unfortunate the estimate almost certainly an over-estimate. The calculated
> number of implemented API is via a crude grep. The estimate also assumes
> that, just because a function is mentioned in a regression test, the
> function should be counted as "tested". Both bias towards an increased
> percentage, so the 10.3% value should be taken with a generous pinch of
> salt :)

Yes, that seems extremely high. There is over 12000 APIs in Wine and I
cannot believe we have tests for 1200 of them. I would be surprised if
we did have tests for 120 of them.

Tom wrote:
> Well I was going to ask for what need's to be done in order for
> Wine to become 1.0.0 .....

For what 1.0.0 is, see the section about Wine 0.9.0 at the following

                         Stolen from an Internet user:
              "f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgrmmng !"