current wine status pr-1

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at bigfoot.com
Tue Sep 3 10:23:30 CDT 2002

On September 3, 2002 11:17 am, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> >Now, talking about 100% complete, we should define a little
> >better what we mean by this percentage. I suggest that it
> >estimates the completeness of *documented* features,
> >since the undocumented ones are simply gagable. This being
> >said, a component reaches 100% complete status when
> >it implements all documented features.
>
> I slightly disagree. 100% should, indeed, mean "everything is
> implemented". 80%, however, should not mean "80% of the functions are
> implemented". If anything, it should mean "80% of the functionality is
> implemented".

I don't understand then on what you disagree, even slightly. All I said
is that we should gage the *documented* features, not the undocumented
now. The percetages < 100 are a gut feeling anyway, no point in making
to stringent rules about them. That being said, I agree they should try to
estimate the amount of functionality completed that is used by the majority
of programs that are of widely used.

--
Dimi.