Strange CVS problem (help!!!)

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at sun.consumer.org.il
Fri Sep 6 17:33:00 CDT 2002

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

>On September 6, 2002 05:16 pm, Lionel Ulmer wrote:
>

>>>As of lately, this no longer happens: I get a big fat conflic for all
>>>the changes I submit! This is *very* annoying. Anyone knows
>>>how to fix this behaviour? Alexandre, are you doing anything
>>>different?
>>>

>>Maybe automatic white-space stripping at commit time ?
>>

>I was thinking of that, but I get a conflict on _every_ hunk...
>How can I avoid it, this is really, really bad. In particular,
>if I submit a large patch, and then I continue working on
>a different part of the file, I am in trouble...

I got the same thing with the last patch I submitted. I don't know how
long before the next time, so we'll see.

In any case, try leaving just the local part of a file you have not
changed since the change, and do "cvs stat" on it. See if it is
identified as "locally modified". If it is not, I would suspect
something with your local cvs has changed.

 Are you, by any chance, using Debain unstable, and doing apt-get
dist-upgrade occasionally? Are you using cvsup to work with a local
repository? The reson I am asking these questions is that these are the
distinguishing charactaristics of my config that I could think that may
affect this. If one of them is there, we can pretty much suspect that it
is the curlpit.

            Shachar