New header winternl.h

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Sun Sep 8 14:03:25 CDT 2002

Patrik Stridvall <ps at leissner.se> writes:

> The easy solution is to include the header just as I have submitted it
> and not use it at all or rather postponing the problem of using it or not
> to the future. If it exists somebody might get some ideas, some day...

But this won't really address the issue; if we don't use the header it
will most likely get broken by something and nobody will notice, and
then when someone uses it in Winelib we have the same problem.

I think we should add the header and use it instead of ntddk.h where
possible. This probably requires adding/moving definitions to it that
are currently in ntddk.h, but that's acceptable as long as they are
exported under Windows anyway. And it's better to follow the SDK than
the DDK where we can, since this is what apps we want to build with
Winelib will be using too.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com