Wine DLLs compiled under Visual C

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Mon Sep 9 04:45:10 CDT 2002

> I want to get some comments about how others here try to get the DLLs
> compiled
> under Visual C. I went ahead and tried to do this for
> shell32.dll and after
> little work it went so far fine. However after creating a
> config.h file for
> Visual C with a few definitions such as for inline, I had to
> make some minor
> changes to some of the c source files such as adding an
> #include "config.h"
> and sometimes #include "wine/port.h" to the beginning.

Yes. I have submitted most of my changes of that kind to the
CVS so the current status of that is quite good.

> Is this the recommended way of doing things or is there a reason that
> "config.h"
> shouldn't be included in some of the dll source files? I ask because I
> noticed
> that in a few of the shell32 files it is included but in the
> several of them
> it wasn't and in a few it doesn't (yet) need to be.

Use msvcmaker. It generates Visual Studio 6.0 .dsw and .dsp files
as well as an include/config.h file.

cd wine
./tools/winapi/msvcmaker

Then open wine.dsw in Visual Studio.

PS. Note that msvcmaker only runs under Unix.
I use Samba to export the directory to Windows.