winebuild & (name, heap, init)

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Tue Sep 10 09:26:14 CDT 2002

Alexandre,

Why don't we take the following directives:
   name, heap, init
out of the .spec file, and put them in the Makefile
(transfered to winebuild through command line args)?

Some of them are supported in .DEF file as well, but
all of them are supported as arguments to LINK.
I think it will gain us flexibility if we also support them
as command line arguments.

With that in mind, it would be neat if we could specify
a flag at configure time to build most of Wine as PE
with a cross mingw. It would be way cool if I could take
the same comctl32.dll I have on Linux, copy it on my
Windows machine, and test it out...

Anyway, what about a patch to at least support all of
this as command line options as well?

--
Dimi.