winebuild & (name, heap, init)

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Sep 11 12:29:58 CDT 2002

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Patrik Stridvall wrote:
[...]
> > Of course having an imperfect parser also means we cannot use it for
> > the export info, because unlike relay debugging it needs to be 100%
> > correct. So we either need compiler declspec support,
>
> That will leave us dependent on compilers that support it.

I agree that Wine should not depend on hacked compilers. However it
would be nice to have anyway for Winelib. There should be an alternative
but if it saves 'big' Winelib developpers from having to write huge spec
files by hand then it would definitely be a plus.

I'm not saying that you, Patrik, should do it. I just don't want
potential contributers to think that this is not something that would be
useful to Wine/Winelib.

The nice thing about meditation is that it makes doing nothing quite respectable
                                  -- Paul Dean