winebuild & (name, heap, init)

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Wed Sep 11 12:43:12 CDT 2002

> On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Patrik Stridvall wrote:
> [...]
> > > Of course having an imperfect parser also means we cannot
> use it for
> > > the export info, because unlike relay debugging it needs
> to be 100%
> > > correct. So we either need compiler declspec support,
> >
> > That will leave us dependent on compilers that support it.
>
> I agree that Wine should not depend on hacked compilers. However it
> would be nice to have anyway for Winelib. There should be an
> alternative
> but if it saves 'big' Winelib developpers from having to
> write huge spec
> files by hand then it would definitely be a plus.

For Winelib sure that would be a good idea.

> I'm not saying that you, Patrik, should do it. I just don't want
> potential contributers to think that this is not something
> that would be
> useful to Wine/Winelib.

OK. For the record I see absolutely nothing wrong GNU C handles
__declspec(dll{import,export}) and just put useful information
in some aproprietely named section. After all you can always
strip the section if don't want it and BTW if why don't want
it why use __declspec(dll{import,export}) at all...