winebuild & (name, heap, init)

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Wed Sep 11 14:22:17 CDT 2002

Patrik Stridvall <ps at leissner.se> writes:

> You have the case:
> void __declspec(dllexport) __attribute__((__stdcall__)) Foo(void)
> __attribute__((noreturn)) { }
>
> Sure you can have an exception if the name seems to be __attribute__ but
> then where might be other exceptions.

Yes, but a few preprocessor defines can get rid of that.

> > The only problem is if you want to find
> > the number of args for stdcall decoration, but we should be able to do
> > without it.
>
> That is not a problem. If you find the opening ( before the function name,
> it would be the number of , at nesting level 1 plus one with the special
> case of void between the parantesis which means 0.

Except for 64-bit data types...

> Perhaps. You will easily reach 99% correctness. However beyond that it
> is hard without a real C parser.

Well it's clear you can't get 100%, the thing is to make sure it fails
in a reasonable way, not just silently breaks. I think it is feasible;
whether it is worth the effort is an entirely different question...

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com