PATCH: make wine find winelib apps better

Martin Wilck Martin.Wilck at Fujitsu-Siemens.com
Tue Sep 17 13:12:25 CDT 2002

Am Die, 2002-09-17 um 19.39 schrieb Alexandre Julliard:
> Mixed case is going to cause trouble in many situations, I don't think
> we will be able to make it work right. IMO we should simply have
> .exe.so files always be lower case.

But what harm can it do here? Lower-case is tried first. With the patch,
open_builtin_exe() just succeeds in a few more cases where otherwise
wine would simply bail out and say it can't find the application.

If this is really so dangerous that it can't be applied, winemaker must
be changed to make the .exe.so's automatically lower case.

Definitely, if you import a VC++ project, almost all components will be
mixed case, and so will the targets that winemaker currently generates.

That is, such applications currently can't be run (in the expected way)
after a "make install".

Martin

--
Martin Wilck                Phone: +49 5251 8 15113
Fujitsu Siemens Computers   Fax:   +49 5251 8 20409