WineLib and DLLs (Winedump)

steve.lustbader at philips.com steve.lustbader at philips.com
Wed Sep 18 13:57:30 CDT 2002

The README section on inserting the stub dll into the wine tree
seems a little out-dated.  It tells me to run autoconf, but
autoconf complains that it cannot find configure.in - is this
step still needed?

If I skip autoconf (which may be causing this problem), when
I run make depend I get:

cd `dirname dlls/__depend__` && make depend
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/stevenlu/wine/dlls'
cd `dirname errh_auto/__depend__` && make depend
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/stevenlu/wine/dlls/errh_auto'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `depend'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/stevenlu/wine/dlls/errh_auto'
make[1]: *** [errh_auto/__depend__] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/stevenlu/wine/dlls'
make: *** [dlls/__depend__] Error 2

I ran the install script that winedump produced, but maybe that's
not up-to-date with respect to the current wine build process?
Or am I just doing something else wrong?

-Steve

                      Jon Griffiths
                      <jon_p_griffiths             To:  Steven Edwards <steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com>
                      @yahoo.com>                  cc:  wine-devel at winehq.com
                      Sent by:                      (bcc: Steve Lustbader/ANR/MS/PHILIPS)
                      wine-devel-admin             Subject:   Re: WineLib and DLLs
                      @winehq.com
                                                   Classification:

                      09/12/2002 05:58
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      jon_p_griffiths

Hi,

>I'm writing a WineLib DLL that makes calls in my own Windows DLLs
>(not Wine's DLLs).  I have the header files for those DLLs, and the
>Windows binaries for them.  How do I link to them?  Do I need to
wrap
>them in spec files?  What do I need to put into my Makefile.in?

look at tools/winedump. In spec mode it will generate everything you
need to link to this dll - a makefile and dummy implementation, spec
file and a script to insert it into your existing WINE tree (to link
with). The README gives instructions for exactly this case (and some
other more advanced ones).

Cheers,
Jon

=====
"Don't wait for the seas to part, or messiahs to come;
 Don't you sit around and waste this chance..." - Live

jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com