documentation dir

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Sep 19 13:22:40 CDT 2002

On September 19, 2002 01:28 pm, Eric Pouech wrote:
> we mostly agree:

Yeap.

> - my point was to remove (mainly) the README and stuff like that from
> the module dir

I don't have a problem with that, but if it's general info for developers
working on that DLL, where do you put it?

> - I know quite a few places where the README (in the module) is pure
> end-user doc (winedbg, winedump to name a few).

True. I think those need to become man pages.

> - therefore, most of the DLL status (in terms of what's missing...)
> can well be IN the code (commctrl did it to some extent IIRC)

Indeed. As I said, commctrl is great in that regard.

> - perhaps, what we could add is a structured way to describe this
> "in code" documentation (so we can extract it later on if needed)

Yes, but it's getting complicated. I was just looking to clean up
things a bit :)

> - finally, what's also missing is automatic generation of online docs
> (for example, when a new Wine release comes out)

I've been toying with that idea for years...

--
Dimi.