export {Start,End}GraphicsExposures from x11drv

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Mon Sep 23 15:19:47 CDT 2002

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> But that's *EXACTLY* my point! This is a fundamental job of the USER
> driver, why would it be bad to expose it?

It is exposed, only not with such a specific interface. The driver
functions like ScrollWindow and ShowWindow implicitly request the
driver to perform exposure processing too. But making that request
explicit is not really possible except with major overhead. For
instance you'd have to split ShowWindow into a "show" call and then a
separate "process exposures" call which would need to redo most of the
work to find out what the previous "show" call did. It's much better
to have a single call doing both, so that the driver can do exposures
processing at the point where it makes the most sense.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com