export {Start,End}GraphicsExposures from x11drv

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Mon Sep 23 15:54:21 CDT 2002

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> This is not necessarily so. That's why you have a Start/End pair. It lets
> you collect the exposure events that happen between the two brackets.

Then you force the driver to collect them for the End call, which in
many cases is not necessary (especially since USER is already
collecting them in the update region). Or you allow the driver to do
exposures at any time, and you don't need the Start/End. Either way
it's not a good interface.

> But regardless, I was looking at ShowWindow, and I don't understand
> what is it doing in the USER driver. It's just a wrapper arount
> SetWindowPos (which should be in the driver). Why have this one in
> there in the first place? The driver has to implement the functionality
> in SetWindowPos anyway, it can not do a better job for ShowWindow.
> Even if it can, the current implementation should be as a fallback in
> USER, not in the driver.

ShowWindow does a lot more than SetWindowPos. It handles
minimize/maximize which needs to interact with the window manager (it
does this pretty badly at the moment but this will be fixed, and can
only be fixed precisely because ShowWindow is now in the driver).

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com