RFC: Wine and PAM integration

Martin Wilck Martin.Wilck at Fujitsu-Siemens.com
Tue Sep 24 02:24:26 CDT 2002

Am Mon, 2002-09-23 um 17.08 schrieb Andriy Palamarchuk:

> As I uderstand from your explanation we can use PAM
> for authentication and standard Unix calls for other
> user management needs, is this correct?

I think so. Had no time for a proof-of-concept implementation yet.
But if windbindd is configured, you can use standard Unix commands
to get group/user info, like this:

$ id 'synergy.dom\wilck'
uid=10050(SYNERGY.DOM\wilck) gid=10005(SYNERGY.DOM\cc_user)
Gruppen=10005(SYNERGY.DOM\cc_user)

Note: this info comes from our PDC. If you do an 'ltrace' on the id(1)
command, you see that it calls getpwnam(), getpwuid(), getgrent() and
friends only.

Martin

--
Martin Wilck                Phone: +49 5251 8 15113
Fujitsu Siemens Computers   Fax:   +49 5251 8 20409