Problem Saving Template with Word 2000

Rizsanyi Zsolt rizsanyi at myrealbox.com
Tue Sep 24 16:51:00 CDT 2002

On Tuesday 24 September 2002 18:04, Mason Kidd wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using Word 2000 SR-1 on a fake windows install of wine 20020904. It
> runs fine except for one problem. When I exit the program, it tries to
> save the Normal.dot file to C:\windows\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Templates\Normal.dot and fails, with this error:
> The disk is full or too many files are open.
> (C:\windows\...\Templates\Normal.dot)

Have you tried to save another file.
I got the same error when trying to save a file AND on quit when office tried
to save Normal.dot.
This happened with office 97

I have fixed it by changing a notimplemented function to return S_OK instead
of E_NOTIMPL.

I have done this 5-6 month ago. And I dont know if that was fixed.

If you think, I can send you the place of that function, when I have some
time...

> If I click on Ok, and then try to save the template to a different
> location, even on a different partition, it gives the same error. I see
> this error in my xterm:
> err:shell:SHGetFileInfoA pidl is null!
> Is this related? I found bug number 956 that talks about this. Is this
> where I should start?

In my case it was another function.

Regards
Zsolt