[Controversial] Developper only CVS sandbox

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Wed Sep 25 15:14:26 CDT 2002

Hi all,

As Dimi is not the only one that can start flames on wine-devel, let's start
a new one :-)

When I see the work that is starting to go on on D3D8 or even on my old D3D
code, I think that it would be nice if there was some CVS 'sandbox' where
Wine developper could interact on shared code without going the Alexandre
round-trip. This would be much less painful than sending patches back and
forth between developpers.

This sandbox would be closed (ie it would be a developper only Wine tree) to
NOT start another Wine fork and all development on this sandbox would be
merged back in Wine when they are ready (and then would still go the
Alexandre way of course).

Now, what does the Wine community think about this ? If people agree, what
would be the best way to handle this ?

                Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/