MZ_FillPSP() in dlls/winedos/module.c

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Sep 25 18:13:42 CDT 2002

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Ove Kaaven wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 chrismorgan at rcn.com wrote:
[...]
> > I have a script that passes a long argument string when calling a
> > command handler(command.com or other comspec replacement).
[...]
> > is breaking my application by truncating the 200+ character argument
> > at 126 characters.  Do we still need to truncate at 126?
>
> Yes, it's an intrinsic DOS limitation from the early DOS days.
[...]
> This is only a guess, though, I don't know to what extent something like
> this is supported by DOS or Windows itself, nor what protocol they really
> use.

Note that this limitation should only be in effect when calling Dos
applications. Win32 console applications can receive command lines of up
to 32KB on NT and any size on Win9x. So maybe the problem is that you
are using command.com as the COMSPEC. Does this happen with wcmd.exe (or
the native cmd.exe)?

           Demander si un ordinateur peut penser revient à demander
                          si un sous-marin peut nager.