winemaker (WAS Where is the specfile documented nowadays?)

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Sep 26 19:16:41 CDT 2002

On 26 Sep 2002, Martin Wilck wrote:

> Am Mit, 2002-09-25 um 20.57 schrieb Bill Medland:
[...]
> > But winemaker seems to be setting things up so that it will create
> > /usr/local/lib/libshfile.dll.so.
>
> This is because winemaker was designed to create winelib DLL
> replacements.

Actually the reason why winemaker was creating libshfile.dll.so files is
that this once was the right thing to do (even further in the past
libraries did not even have the dll extension). But now the names to be
used are:

for executables:   myhello.exe.so
for libraries:     mylib.dll.so

The patch I sent yesterday should make winemaker use the new scheme. The
reason why the lib prefix has been dropped is because one is not
supposed to link against Winelib dlls in the Unix sense. Instead you
must import them using the '-l' option of winebuild. Dropping the 'lib'
prefix makes this more obvious. `

                           La terre est une bêta...