valgrind for WINE

Adam Gundy arg at cyberscience.com
Thu Apr 3 07:45:06 CST 2003

At 06:57 03/04/03 -0500, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
>On April 3, 2003 05:45 am, Adam Gundy wrote:
>> I've never got very far with winelib - as soon as any code involving OLE
>> gets involved, things won't compile. In fact, getting stuff without OLE to
>> compile is frequently painful and slow :-(
>
>I suggest you look into winegcc if you want to use winelib.
>It makes it a lot easier.

I used winemaker to create make/configure files etc - after a couple of days
of hacking the source I managed to get (most of) MFC to build using this. we
need MFC0LE as well - most of that *wouldn't* build...

another couple of days trying to build one of our libraries (of about 40) convinced
me that it wasn't going to be worth the effort.

I see that winemaker didn't use winegcc as the compiler - does it really make that
much difference? I had problems with nameless unions and structures, missing definitions
in the wine headers, several OLE interfaces being missing, (our) OLE interface definition
which defined sub-interfaces (don't know what the real name for these is) refusing to compile.

Most of the issues were either:

a) missing definitions or functionality in the wine(lib) headers - stuff which works under
   WINE mostly.

b) compiler problems where either Microsoft (in MFCxx) or we had used extensions to C++.

Seeya,
 Adam
--
Real Programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write,
it should be hard to read, and even harder to modify.