Wine & RH9

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Thu Apr 3 22:01:28 CST 2003

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> On April 3, 2003 10:07 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> > Yes, it's supposed to work. You have to use --with-nptl for now, I'm
> > hoping to make it switchable at run time later; but apart from that
> > it's mostly ready.
>
> Cool. Can't we detect at configure time that we need NPTL?

No, it really has to be determined at run time, there is no guarantee
that the glibc that you are using at build time will be the same at
run time. We could try to determine a default value for the
--with-nptl flag, but it's not trivial, and we need to get rid of the
flag anyway.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com